Monday, May 19, 2008

DC & Mom's Birthday

"I am so glad I am out of the car after that long car ride!" - Maia
Happy Birthday Grandma.
Sarah made mom's favorite dessert, strawberry shortcake. The grandkids liked putting their little fingers in the homemade whip cream (which is so easy to make and absolutely delicious!) We enjoyed making her dinner and hanging out with the whole family - I think Grandma did too!

We all enjoyed playing with Cousin Noah.

"Come on mom - enough of the hugs" - Kenton


Mom and Bud with Katie, Sarah and Billy.

"I love my Grandma." - Maia


Our trip Downtown.
Justin went to his conference, while we played and toured around the town. We went to the zoo, the monuments and the Smithsonian. The zoo for our crowd was sure the most fun. Kaelyn, however, would have liked to spend several more hours in the museums reading everybit of information she could get her hands on.



We took the kids to my Dad's Grave in Arlington National Cemetery. They liked seeing the angel Moroni on his headstone. I was amazed that I found it again. All the graves start to run together when you are trying to find a loved one. The rows go on forever and they all have the same headstone. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. But we found him and it was nice see it again and remember him.



1 comment:

Kelsey Carreon said...

It sounds like a great trip! I have never seen your Father's headstone. I miss him so much! All the kids are so cute. Maia is your twin.